"There's No Break In The Holiday Fun With Crisco's Softer Cookies"
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup Butter Flavor' Crisco
1/4 cup light corn syrup or regular pancake syrup
1 tbsp. vanilla
3 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees
2. Combine sugar and Butter Flavor Criso in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, syrup and vanilla. Beat well.
3. Combine 3 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix until well blended. Divide dough into quarters. Tip: If dough is too sticky/soft to roll, wrap each quarter of dough with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour. Keep refrigerated until ready to roll.
4. Spread 1 tbsp. of flour on large sheet of waxed paper.
5. Place a quarter of dough on floured paper. Flatten dough slightly, turn over, and cover with another sheet of waxed paper. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out with floured cutter. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with decors, or leave plain to frost when cooled.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 5-9 minutes, (bake smaller, thinner cut-outs closer to 5 minutes; larger cut-outs closer to 9 minutes). DO NO OVERBAKE. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to counter to cool completely, then frost if desired.
About 3-4 dozen cookies (depending on size)
Decorations (your choice):
colored sugar, crystals, frosting, decors, candies, chips, raisins, coconut, decorating gel
*At the bottom of the recipe it reads: 1993 -From the Betty Crocker Cookbook. On the back- an article ripped out of a tv guide or Reader's Digest. The story is called, The Hidden Life of TV Dogs.