For 4 servings you will need:
4 medium even potatoes
1 tsp. salt
2 to 3 tbsp. melted butter
2 to 3 tbsp. chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, chives, thyme or sage)
4 tbsp. grated chedder cheese
1 1/2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
1. Peel potatoes if the skin is tough, otherwise just scrub and rinse them
2. Cut potatoes into thin slices but not all the way through. Use a handle of a spoon to prevent knife from cutting all the way.
3. Put potatoes in baking dish. Fan them slightly.
4. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with herbs.
5. Bake potatoes at 425 degrees for about 50 minutes.
6. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with cheeses.
7. Bake potatoes for another 10 to 15 minutes until lightly browned, cheeses are melted and potatoes are soft inside. Check with a fork.
You may use caraway seeds or cumin in place of herbs, if desired. Use about 1 1/2 tsp. for 4 potatoes.
Good served with:
Any meat, fish or poultry dishes or as a main dish with just salad.
**This recipe comes from the "Great American Recipes" card (group 10) and has the same recipe on the back but only using a microwave-haha.